The Horse & Jockey
A Bit About Us
Before you even ask, yes, the pub owners are Brits. So you might as well add the word "authentic" to our name. Liverpool native Lea Doyle purchased The Horse & Jockey in August 2008. Before Lea took over the reins at The Horse & Jockey British Pub, he warmed a seat many a time on the other side of the bar. And that's a perspective you want in a pub owner!
The Horse & Jockey British Pub & Restaurant has been in South Pasadena, right in same location, since 1987. We're a neighborhood pub with many regulars from around Gulfport, St. Pete Beach, St. Petersburg, and throughout the British expat community in Tampa Bay.
An "Absobloodylutely" British Pub
- Stop in for a cool pint and lively conversation
- Traditional English fare made in house
- Our world-famous Shepherd's Pie (We can say "world-famous" since so many of our customers are expats who like to brag to their friends across the pond.)
- Daily food specials
- 20 beers on tap
- Full liquor bar
- Kids eat free on Thursday and Sunday
- Football on the telly (that's soccer on the TV for you Yanks!)
- And more!